Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) is the peak body charged by Football Federation Australia with the responsibility of growing, developing and promoting the sport of Football throughout Northern NSW. With 64,000 registered players throughout our region, NNSWF is one of the largest State Sporting Organisations (SSO’s) in NSW.
NNSWF seeks to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced part-time Assistant Accountant for three days per week on an initial fixed 4 month contract. The primary purpose of the Assistant Accountant is to assist the Finance Manager to provide a range of stakeholders including the CEO, Board of Directors and Member Zones with sound financial advice and reports.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant may extend to providing relevant Member Zones with timely monthly finance reports. The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for a range of key finance functions such as:
- Maintaining the integrity of the company’s accounting systems in conjunction with the Finance Manager;
- Provide relevant Member Zones with monthly Finance Reports underpinned by general ledger reconciliations and variance analysis;
- Submit quarterly BAS on behalf on relevant Member Zones;
- Assist the Finance Manager with the annual independent financial audit, including preparation of the audit file;
- Responsible for implementing identified Internal Control Measures as directed by the Finance Manager and initiating further controls which enhance accountability;
- Ensuring accurate processing of payroll and superannuation for all staff.
- Monitoring monthly expenditure against budgets and perform variance analysis.
- Prepare end of month accrual journals and reconcile balance sheet accounts;
- Responsible for monthly board reports for final review by the Finance Manager including preparation of the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Budget variance analysis and Board Report narrative;
- Responsible for GST, PAYG, Superannuation, and Payroll Tax obligations, including the preparation and lodgment of monthly/quarterly/annual returns as directed by the Finance Manager;
- Oversee the accounts payable function;
- Accounts receivable – including follow-up of overdue accounts; and
- Maintaining the company’s fixed asset register;
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required (Competency)
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following skills & competencies:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in either commercial or public practice;
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce or Business;
- Experience using a range of finance systems including Reckon Accounts, Xero or MYOB;
- Experience using MicroPay;
- High level computer competency;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Highly organised with excellent time management;
- Customer service focus;
- Ability to work within a team as well as autonomously;
- Motivated personality with hands on approach to task accomplishment; and
- Developed level of personal and professional ethics
A strong interest in sport, preferably football, would be considered advantageous.
Applicants MUST address individually, within a cover letter with their application, the key ‘Knowledge, skills and behaviour required’ as listed above. Applicants failing to do this and simply submitting ‘generic’ resumes will not be considered.
Employment Conditions and Remuneration Package
This role is being offered on a part-time, 24hr/week basis in accordance with the Sporting Organisations Award 2010 Level 6.
A wage of $25 – $30 per hour will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with their skills & experience.
Applications close: Friday 10 November
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with telephone enquiries to Annette Hervas on 4941 7211.