Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) is the peak body charged by Football Federation Australia with the responsibility of growing, developing and promoting the sport of Football throughout Northern NSW. With 64,000 registered players throughout the region, NNSWF is one of the largest State Sporting Organisations (SSO’s) in NSW.
NNSWF seeks to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Marketing and Communications Manager to join NNSWF’s Executive to establish, lead and direct NNSWF’s marketing, communications and commercial strategies.
The primary responsibilities include leading a small team of committed marketing and communications professionals, providing expertise and support to a range of internal and external stakeholders, enhancing and protecting the organisation’s reputation, promoting Premier Competitions and building the value of commercial assets including but not limited to sponsorship and activities at the Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have a proven, successful track record of developing, leading and directing the implementation of marketing, communications and commercial strategies within a highly competitive market.
It is envisaged that the person we’re looking for will have the following key qualifications, knowledge, competency and skills required.
• Relevant tertiary qualification in marketing, public relations and/or communication;
• Previous experience leading and directing the implementation of marketing, communications and commercial strategies within a highly competitive market;
• Strong working knowledge of digital marketing and communication channels;
• Experience in or possess a strong knowledge of sports marketing;
• A keen interest in football;
• Previous experience working with the media;
• Extensive experience securing and servicing major commercial partners; and
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Applicants MUST submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter which individually outlines their proficiency in relation to the identified key Qualifications, Knowledge, Competency and Skills Required. Applicants failing to do this and simply submitting ‘generic’ resumes will not be considered.
Employment Conditions and Remuneration Package
The successful candidate will be offered a fixed-term 3 year Contract of Employment.
The total remuneration package will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and competency.
Applications close: Friday 23 February 2018.
A detailed position description can be found on our website at www.northernnswfootball.com.au
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com with telephone enquiries to CEO, David Eland on 4941 7204.