Football – A fun, healthy, safe and value for money sport for your daughter or son – and here’s why….
- 185,000 children will play ALDI MiniRoos in Australia in 2015
- If your child is turning 5 years old (or older) on or before December 31, they can register with FFA, join a club and play ALDI MiniRoos in that year
- ALDI MiniRoos is not a program, instead, it is a modified version of the adult game designed especially for children, who have very different developmental characteristics and social needs from adults
- The philosophy of ALDI MiniRoos is on enjoyment and freedom of expression, through playing the game, with limited emphasis on coaching per se. It is all about the children!
- The formats of ALDI MiniRoos are designed so that children are challenged as they progress through the age groups and formats, 4-a-side, 7-a-side and 9-a-side, preparing them for 11-a-side football at the Under 12 age group
- ALDI MiniRoos is delivered by clubs throughout Australia through the winter months. There would generally be between 15 to 20 weeks of matches on either a Saturday or a Sunday, plus a training session during each week throughout that period. On average, players will be involved in around 30 sessions (including game days) each season
- Whilst prices do vary between clubs, the average cost per session/game is low, which compares more than favourably with other sport and activity options for primary school aged children.
Playing ALDI MiniRoos also provides the following benefits for participants:
– Accessibility for all, as it is truly aimed at children of all abilities, not simply the most talented
– With the removal of the emphasis on winning, children are much more likely to enjoy their football experience
– More fun and enjoyment, due to smaller fields and simplified rules
– More playing time, which maximises individual participation and involvement
– Far more repeated touches of the ball by ALL players on the field
– More shots on goal, and
– More involvement leads to greater improvements in fitness
What parents say about ALDI MiniRoos….
In recent national survey:
– 97% of parents stated that their child enjoyed playing ALDI MiniRoos
– 97% of parents believed their child actively participates when playing ALDI MiniRoos
– 92% of parents believed their child’s ability and technique improved playing ALDI MiniRoos
Visit the ALDI MiniRoos website: www.miniroos.com.au