The Northern NSW Football Advanced Coaching Scholarship for Women (the Scholarship) is an initiative of Northern NSW Football (NNSWF), which has been established to provide funding assistance to female coaches to complete a Football Australia or Football Australia/AFC advanced coaching course.
Eligible courses include:
- Football Australia ‘C’ Licence
- Football Australia/AFC ‘B’ Licence
- Football Australia/AFC ‘A’ Licence
The Scholarship provides the opportunity for up to five (5) female coaches to complete a Football Australia or Football Australia/AFC advanced coaching course.
Each scholarship includes a $1,000 contribution towards an advanced coaching course fee. (Successful candidates will be required to contribute the outstanding course fee over and above $1,000).
Coaches will receive ongoing support from NNSWF’s Coach Development Officer and Female Participation & Inclusion Officer. The successful Applicant will be required to complete the Scholarship within 18 months and attend the 2023 NNSWF State Coaching Conference.
Applicants need to provide a letter of support from their Member Club and complete the online application form.
This Scholarship addresses the following Northern NSW Football Strategic Goals:
- Develop coaches who have the capacity to develop players’ technical, tactical, physical, psychological and social attributes
- Significantly increase the number and competency of accredited community coaches throughout Northern NSW
- Significantly increase the participation of females throughout the sport
- Promote the benefits of females fulfilling leadership roles including coaching, governance, administration, and refereeing
The objectives of the Program are:
- Increase the number of female coaches
- Improve the standard of Coaching in Clubs
- Increase opportunities for female coaches to engage in professional development
- Identify and support the next generation of female coaches who have potential to work at the highest level of the game
Member Club Support Requirements
All Applicants are required to provide evidence that:
- The application has the support of the Club and that the club is willing to ensure appropriate coaching opportunities for the applicant
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Scholarship?
- Females who are registered as a Coach within the national PlayFootball registration system in 2022 and who intend to register in 2023.
- Minimum age: 18
Who is Ineligible to Apply for the Scholarship?
- Applicants under the age of 18
- Individuals who are not registered within the national PlayFootball registration system to a NNSWF Club. This includes but not limited to:
- Coaches at a club who is affiliated to another Member Federation
- Coaches employed by A-League or W-League clubs and
- Coaches engaged in Member Zone Programs
An initial eligibility assessment will be undertaken to determine that:
- The Applicant is eligible to apply
- The Applicant has the support of the Club
- The application meets the Scholarship criteria and is submitted by the closing date
A panel of representatives from NNSWF’s Community Football and Player Development departments will assess the merit of all eligible applications and score each applicant against the assessment criteria.
The NNSWF Coach Development Officer and Head of Football Development will assess recommendations from the panel and approve the distribution of the Scholarships.
Applications will be assessed on merit and scored against the following criteria:
- Football Australia ‘C’ Licence (if applicable) – Applicant to have completed one or more Community Coaching Courses
- Football Australia/AFC ‘B’ Licence (if applicable) – Applicant to have successfully completed the Football Australia ‘C’ Licence
- Football Australia/AFC ‘A’ Licence (if applicable) – Applicant to have successfully completed the Football Australia ‘B’ Licence
- A Letter of Support from the Club the applicant plans to coach at in 2023
- History of coaching experience and specifically developing players; and
- An outline of how the applicant wishes to progress as a coach over the next five seasons
Scholarship Time Frame
NNSWF will open applications for the NNSWF Advanced Coaching Scholarship for Women on Monday 14 March 2022 and close applications 5PM on 15 April 2022.
Successful Applicants will be recognised at the NNSWF Female Football Week Networking Evening on Saturday 14 May 2022.
The Scholarship time frame is at the absolute discretion of NNSWF.
How to Apply
- Download guidelines and terms and conditions
- Complete the online application
- Submit the application by 5PM on 15 April 2022
Annelise Rosnell, Northern NSW Football Female Participation & Inclusion Officer 02 4941 7220 or email@example.com