Australia’s most esteemed junior football tournament for girls will take place in Coffs Harbour next week when Westfield National Youth Championships for Girls kicks off.
Over 300 of Australia’s best young female footballers in the 13 Years and 15 Years divisions will participate in the tournament, with 20 teams from around Australia contesting the two age divisions. Each age division has two groups, with five teams contesting each .
The tournament held at Coffs International Stadium and commences on Monday, has been hosted by Northern NSW Football at the Coffs Harbour facility since 2006. 2015 marks the commencement of a further three year tenure which will see the Championships, along with the FFA National Youth Championships for Boys to be held in Coffs Harbour until 2017.
The 2015-17 NNSWF bid was supported by long-time partner, Coffs Harbour City Council and Sports Unit, along with Destination NSW, with both recognising the significance of the tournament as a catalyst for tourism and economic benefit in the Coffs Harbour region and wider NSW and the partnership facilitating a strong bid.
“Northern NSW Football is delighted to again host the Westfield National Youth Championships for Girls which sees Australia’s best young female talent converge on Coffs Harbour to gauge their abilities against the best player from fellow States,” said NNSWF Chief Executive Officer, Mr David Eland.
“Female football has been showcased at the FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada in recent weeks and we expect to see a rise in the number of females playing our sport following the success of the Matildas,
“With a Technical Panel consisting of FFA Coaching Staff in attendance throughout the week, the Championships provide young female players with the opportunity for identification for future Australian team camps and the potential to one day represent our country at the highest level,” Mr Eland concluded.
The Northern NSW 13 Years Girls will contest the Championships in Group A against NSW Metropolitan, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria.
The Northern NSW 15 Years Girls will compete in Group B against Capital Football, Northern Territory, Queensland and Tasmania.
The Championships conclude on Friday 10th July when Champions will be decided before the presentation of trophies and medallions which will take place at 4:30pm.
Full squad lists as follows;
13 Years Girls
- Susanna Behne-Smith (Merewether United)
- Zoe Burnley (Emerging Jets)
- Denver Williams (Emerging Jets)
- Jannali Hunter (Emerging Jets)
- Rachel Duffin (Emerging Jets)
- Bella-Jade Carlisle (Emerging Jets)
- Bronte Peel (Emerging Jets)
- Jasmyn Hughes (Emerging Jets)
- Isabelle Main (Emerging Jets)
- Josie Morley (Emerging Jets)
- Lucy Young (Emerging Jets)
- Rubi Grass (Football Mid North Coast)
- Hannah Jones (Football Mid North Coast)
- Jessica Davis (Football Mid North Coast)
- Jamilla Rankin (Football Far North Coast)
- Brianna Redding (Emerging Jets)
Coach: Ryan Campbell
Assistant Coach: Lauren Colthorpe
15 Years Girls
- Annalee Grove (Emerging Jets)
- Tazmyne Luschwitz (Emerging Jets)
- Anita Handono (Football Mid North Coast)
- Hannah Bourke (Emerging Jets)
- Skye McKenzie (Emerging Jets)
- Claire Farrington (Football Far North Coast)
- Tyla Endemi (Emerging Jets/Northern Inland Football)
- Georgia Minors (Emerging Jets)
- Breanna Steadman (Emerging Jets)
- Phoebe Cave (Emerging Jets/Northern Inland Football)
- Tessa Tamplin (Emerging Jets)
- Breanna Gatt (Football Far North Coast)
- Esther Ting (Football Mid North Coast)
- Renee Pountney (Emerging Jets)
- Lucy Kell (Emerging Jets)
- Sophie Buller (Emerging Jets)
Coach: Gary van Egmond
Assistant Coach: Ashley Wilson