The National Club Development Program was launched by FFA in September 2019 to support the volunteers in Community Football Clubs to further develop a positive experience for all participants in football.
Community based football clubs play a key role in the development of football in Australia.
To raise the overall standard of club administration and operations at all levels of the game, Football Federation Australia has established the National Club Development Program (NCDP) providing a clear model to develop and maintain a successful football club.
The NCDP is an enhanced version of the previous National Club Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) that was introduced in 2012.
The NCDP provides club’s with an on-line development platform that allows them to answer a series of questions regarding all facets of their football club.
After completing the program, the club will receive an automated report summarizing their responses.
Once approved by the FFA, the club will be provided with an Action Report noting the top five recommendations that a club could consider adopting for improvement and a logo recognizing the level they have achieved based on the information received from their answers.
The topics covered within the program will be accompanied with an on-line resource library that will aim to provide Club’s with the tools to up-skill themselves.
The NCDP is expected to achieve these objectives:
- Improve processes and control mechanisms of affiliated Clubs
- Assist Member Federations and Governing Bodies to better support Clubs, by facilitating a process which encourages greater engagement
- Improve the efficiencies of the sport
- Establish benchmarks of success across Australia
- Improve player retention
- Increase female participation
- Increase Aldi MiniRoos Participation
- Embrace and support inclusivity
- Increase the number of clubs accessing and utilizing the National Club Development Program
- Improve net promoter score among administrators
For more information about the NCDP please contact the Community Football team at NNSWF or follow the link to the online resources in the Playfootball TOOLKIT.
Northern NSW Football Club Development Officer Phillip Andrews – email@example.com or 02 49417206