Teams participating in half-time games at each Newcastle Jets match will receive:
– Free entry into the match for each player (maximum of 16) and one coach.
– A tour of the stadium, tunnel and warm up rooms.
– Teams will form a guard of honour while the Newcastle Jets players walk out onto the field for their warm up. High fives are a must!
– Watch the Newcastle Jets warm up while standing on the field at McDonald Jones Stadium.
– 10 minutes playing time on the field at McDonald Jones Stadium during half-time.
To be considered to play MiniRoos football during half-time, please fill out the online nomination form below and tell us why your club/team wants to play MiniRoos during half-time at the Newcastle Jets A-League games!
Please note due to the nature of half-time activities and the possibility of sponsors using the field for activations during half-time or other events, clubs will be notified two to three weeks in advance of the round they have been selected to attend.
Conditions of Application:
- Coach and Players will arrive at Gate G, near the Western Grand Stand Main Entrance 30 minutes before gates open and 1.5 hours before kick-off. Coach and Players will enter stadium 15 minutes before gates open. Parents of players will enter stadium when gates open.
- Games will consist of 4 v 4 on the field with no reserves.
- Teams can consist of under-8s or 9s boys and girls or a mixture of these ages.
- Clubs must supply exactly 16 players for the day.
- One coach per club will receive free entry to the match.
- Only the players will be permitted entry to the playing field.
- Teams must wear their club playing strip while participating in the MiniRoos half-time games.
- All players must wear shin pads and sneakers. No football boots will be allowed on the playing surface.
- Teams will be positioned on the ‘family hill’ while not playing. Parents are encouraged to purchase tickets to this area if they wish to sit with their children.
- Parents are welcome to collect their children at the commencement of the second half after notifying their team coach.
- The nominated team coach will be responsible for their respective players at all times.