Teams participating in half time games at each Newcastle Jets match will receive:
-Free entry into the match for each player (max 16) and 1 coach.
-A tour of the stadium, tunnel and warm up rooms
-Teams will form a guard of honour while the Newcastle Jets players walk out onto the field for their warm up; high fives are a must!
-Watch the Newcastle Jets warm up while standing on the field at McDonald Jones Stadium
-10 minutes playing time on the field at McDonald Jones Stadium during half time
To be considered to play ALDI MiniRoos football during half-time, please fill out the online nomination form below and tell us why your club/team wants to play ALDI MiniRoos during half time at the Newcastle Jets a-League games!
Please note due to the nature of half-time activities and the possibility of sponsors using the field for activations during half time or other events, clubs will be notified 2- 3 weeks in advance of the round they have been selected to attend.
Conditions of Application:
- Coach and Players will arrive at Gate G, near Western Grand Stand Main Entrance 30 minutes before gates open, and 1.5 hours before kick- off. Coach and Players will enter stadium 15 minutes before gates open. Parents of players will enter stadium when gates open.
- Games will consist of 4 v 4 on the field with no reserves
- Teams can consist of Under 8 or 9 years old boys and girls or a mixture of these ages
- Clubs must supply exactly 16 players for the day
- One coach per club will receive free entry to the match
- Only the players will be permitted entry to the playing field
- Teams must wear their club playing strip while participating in the ALDI MiniRoos half time games
- All players must wear shin pads and sneakers, no football boots will be allowed on the playing surface
- Teams will be positioned on the ‘family hill’ while not playing. Parents are encouraged to purchase tickets to this area if they wish to sit with their children.
- Parents are welcome to collect their children at the commencement of the second half after notifying their team coach.
- The nominated team coach will be responsible for their respective players at all times.