Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) would like to announce that under the recent Referee Development Plan adopted by NNSWF and in conjunction with Northern New South Wales State League Football Referees, the Boys State Talent Pool has been restructured from last season for it to have a clearer pathway for younger match officials to become more advanced.
The State Talent Pool will now comprise a smaller number of talented young match officials who meet specific requirements in terms of age, performance, fitness and potential for advancement to higher levels of football.
The State Talent Pool is a crucial link in the pathway, providing development opportunities for the referees who are performing consistently well on NPL under 17 and under 19 matches, and who have been identified for possible eventual selection to the National Talent Pool.
Referees who are selected for the 2016 State Talent Pool will gain the following opportunities:
- Consideration for selection as a match official to the FFA Boys National Championships in 2016,
- Consideration for future nomination for the FFA National Talent Pool,
- Continued theory coaching with accredited referee coaches,
- Fitness training with local match officials who officiate on the A-League, W-League and NYL competitions, and
- Encouragement and support to upgrade their accreditation.
At its recent meeting, the NNSWF Referee Technical Committee determined that the following conditions needed to be met by referees under consideration for the State Talent Pool:
- They must be active referees with Northern New South Wales State League Football Referees,
- They must be between 17 and 21 years of age, and
- They must have demonstrated a potential to advance to higher levels of officiating by displaying commitment, hard work and a high level of ability through their performances as a match official.
Twelve talented young members who meet the above criteria have been selected by the Technical Committee as the initial members of the 2016 Boys State Talent Pool. They are:
On behalf of NNSWF and Northern New South Wales State League Referees, Brad Carlin NNSWF’s Premier Competition Match Official Coordinator, would like to congratulate these young referees on their selection and wish them well for the year ahead. Great opportunities are available to them if they train and work hard.
An announcement will be made in due course about the Northern NSW Football Girls State Talent Pool.