With Newcastle Permanent Community Football kicking off across the region this weekend, Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) is pleased to announce that in line with the recommendations emanating from the Review of Officiating and the expectations of FFA’s match Official department, NNSWF has established the NNSWF Referee Technical Committee.
The identified committee members represent a range of stakeholders and are highly respected members of the football family who possess the extensive knowledge and experience necessary to make a valuable contribution to this committee.
The NNSWF Referees Technical Committee is comprised of the following members:
- Chair – Luke Davies (FFA Assessor & NNSWF Referee Technical Director)
- Member – Rodney Allen (Former FIFA Referee)
- Member – Kirralee Andruschak (Current FIFA Referee)
- Member – Brad Carlin (NNSWF Referee Advisor & President of Macquarie Referee Branch)
- Member – Ross Hicks (NNSWF Club & Referee Development Officer)
- Member – Steve Mackney (General Manager – Football Far North Coast)
The key roles and responsibilities of this committee will be:
- To be responsible for the performance of Member Federation match officials and for the implementation of the national curriculum as directed by FFA.
- To supervise the career development of all registered match officials by ensuring that FFAs requirements and processes are implemented.
- To demonstrably comply with all FFA directions regarding the development, training, education, coaching and qualification of match officials.
- To be responsible for the identification of registered match officials ready to undertake further programs and recognition at national level.
- To monitor, supervise and assess registered match officials undertaking Community level programs and qualification processes.