Sixteen players from Northern NSW have been selected to participate in the Tokyo Under 14 International Youth Football Tournament commencing Sunday 1st May.
Previous teams representing NSW have consisted of players from Northern NSW Football and Football NSW, however this year the team will consist of all players from the Emerging Jets program, as Football NSW no longer has a pathway program for Hyundai A-League clubs.
The squad to represent NSW consists of 14 players from the Emerging Jets 14 year’s program and two (2) players who have come up from the Emerging Jets 13 year’s program.
The side flys out for Japan on Thursday 28th April and will arrive back in Australia on Friday 6th May 2016.
The selected team consists of:
- Lachlan Bayliss (Terrigal)
- Matthew Burton (Thornton)
- Nicholas Curran (Eleebana)
- Joshua Gardner (Wauchope)
- Tao Grieves (Adamstown)
- Alexander Hilton (New Lambton Heights)
- Joseph Langlois (The Junction)
- Dean Larson (Belmont North)
- Nicholas Martinelli (Elermore Vale)
- Sascha Montefiore (Merewether)
- Thomas Parkes (13 Years) (Warners Bay)
- Jackson Pereira (Valentine)
- Issac Quinn (GK) (Arcadia Vale)
- Adam Sherratt (Port Macquarie)
- Finnegan Todhunter (13 Years) (Dudley)
- Bailey Wells (Wallsend)
The side will be attending the tournament at the invitation of the Tokyo Government, who extended the invite to the NSW State Government. The team will be coached by the 2015/16 Westfield W-League head ‘Coach of the Year’, Craig Deans.
The Northern NSW players will compete alongside International squads from Beijing, Berlin, Cairo, Moscow, Paris, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Buenos Aires and local Japanese teams at Tokyo’s Komazawa Olympic General Sports Ground.
Sunday 1st May 2016
> Match 4, 16:50 kick-off
Cairo v NSW
Monday 2nd May 2016
> Match 16, 12:40 kick-off
NSW v Tokyo Verdy
> Match 24, 16:40 kick-off
NSW v Ibaraki