Return to Play – COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
Community sporting competitions and full training activities
UPDATE 17 December 2020
In December 2020, the NSW Government advised an easing of restrictions applicable to community sport. With the ever-changing climate surrounding the virus, it is important that all sporting organisations including clubs continue to abide by the current Public Health Order and implement an updated COVID-19 Safety Plan for Community Sporting Competitions and Full Training Activities and amend as necessary when changes occur.
Please note, it is important social distancing of 1.5m is still maintained by participants and spectators and restrictions related to enclosed spaces are adhered to.
To assist with the updating of club COVID-19 Safety Plans, Northern NSW Football and its seven (7) Member Zones have reviewed and updated the template with the required changes, it is available below.
On Friday 12 June, NSW Government released its COVID-19 Safety Plan Template for Community Sporting Competitions and Full Training Activities (COVID-19 Safety Plan Template), easing restrictions further and making it easier for us to return to play!
Whilst social distancing and hygiene measures are still in place, from 1 July 2020 parents/carers, siblings and spectators will now be able to attend games and all Winter Football will be up and running again across northern NSW throughout July.
We have been advised, some Local Government Agencies (LGA) may require the State Government’s COVID-19 Safety Plan Template be completed and submitted prior to allowing ground hirers to return to competitive football.
To assist our volunteers, we have prepared the attached COVID-19 Safety Plan Template for your club committees to consider and amend as you see fit, but subject to the qualifications set out below.
- The document is in Microsoft Word format and so it can be edited. We have also attached a completed version in PDF.
- The Pages/Sections and Requirements in the left-hand column of the document are from the NSW Government’s template – these must not be changed, deleted, or amended.
- Complete the section at the start identifying yourself and the nominated person who is responsible for this document and compliance (e.g. Club President, Manager, Club Secretary). For those Councils who required a COVID-19 Officer be appointed, this should be their details. You may also like to insert your club’s logo.
- The text on the right-hand side (the Actions) are what the club needs to consider, adopt and implement. The text provided by Northern NSW Football is best practice and should be suitable for most community clubs.
- You must read, consider, understand and, where appropriate, tailor what is written in this document and amend the right-hand column only.
- You should amend to localise the content reflecting specific information to your Club and facilities/venue, but subject to point 4 above.
- Clubs should be aware that the dilution of actions may result in the plan not being approved or accepted by your Council. The Club needs to be satisfied with what is written is truthful and agree to implement the actions for the foreseeable future.
- As stated above, this document is provided as a Template to assist Clubs if it is required.
We are very excited to get back on the park in 2020, however, remind everyone not to be complacent with social distancing and hygiene and that Return to Play comes into play from 1 July 2020.
For resources to assist your club return to Northern NSW Football’s Return to Play Portal.
If you have any queries surrounding Return to Play, please contact your Competition Administrator (Zone) or reach out to the Northern NSW Football Support Desk.