The football family is coming together to assist flood impacted communities.
Here on the Flood Recovery Hub you will find:
- Club impact assessment form
- Financial relief information
- Northern NSW Football support
- Fundraising support
- Mental health support
- Community initiatives
- NNSWF community football contact information
- Football Australia, Northern NSW Football and Member Zones are collaborating on a survey of damage to club’s football assets.
- Gathering this information allows Football Australia to present the Commonwealth government with a broad view of flood impacts across NSW and Queensland.
Community football clubs are eligible for financial relief from several sources:
- Grants of up to $50,000 for not-for-profit organisations. Register your interest now via Service NSW
- Office of Responsible Gambling ClubGrants – funding up to $300,000 to support sport and recreation infrastructure.
- Disaster relief grant – up to $2,000 to assist with clean-up and restoring essential facilities and equipment.
- Disaster relief loans – concessional interest rate loans up to $10,000 to help meet the costs of restoring essential club facilities, equipment or other assets.
- Storm and flood assistance for businesses and not-for-profits.
- Grass Roots Support Fund – one off grant of up to $1,000 to eligible clubs and zones.
- NNSWF is working closely with Football Australia and Football NSW to lobby government at all levels for support.
- A coordinated approach provides focused lobbying to government decision makers that will maximise outcomes for clubs.
- There are several grants and funding packages available to impacted clubs (see above)
- NNSWF team members have worked directly with government on behalf of clubs to access some packages and will engage a grant writing specialist to assist clubs with other opportunities.
- NNSWF’s advanced order through First Touch Football Supplies of balls, portable goals, corner flags, bibs and markers will soon be allocated based on need and delivered to impacted clubs.
- NNSWF’s appreciation is extended to Mitre for their generous donation of 1,400 footballs.
- Thank you to supplies who have provided equipment at cost or at a discounted rate: Umbro, Alpha, Summit and Eagle Sports.
- In total $40,000 has been committed to essential equipment to assist clubs get back on the pitch when they are ready.
- NNSWF has worked with the Australian Sports Foundation to build a fundraising portal for donations direct to football clubs.
Australian Sports Foundation
How to set up a GoFundMe
- Clubs requiring support in fundraising efforts can view tips on setting up a GoFundMe page here.
GoFundMe template graphic
- Clubs can download a template graphic here to promote their GoFundMe fundraising efforts across their social media channels.
- Or use one provided by NNSWF here.
A range of community minded organisations are pulling together to help those in need.
- Lismore City Council
- Newcastle Permanent, Lifeline partnership
- Australian Red Cross
- Speak to NNSWF’s community football team via Ross Hicks firstname.lastname@example.org (02) 4941 7200
- Speak to Football Far North Coast
- Speak to North Coast Football