To become a referee, you must be 13 years of age or over and you will need to complete the FA Online Laws of the Game Course and complete the Level 4 Referee Course.
The FA Online Laws of the Game Course provides a basic introduction to the Laws of the Game and their interpretation. To successfully complete the course, a participant needs to pass the online examination and print their Statement of Completion Certificate.
The Level 4 Referee Course provides participants with education and training to become a referee. It can be undertaken in a classroom environment as a one day course consisting of theory modules and practical sessions on a pitch to enable referees to begin officiating.
The Level 4 Referee Course can also now be undertaken online. Participants complete the theory modules, and upon meeting the course requirements, attend a practical session on a pitch to enable them to begin officiating.
NNSWF Online Level 4 Referee Course
CLICK HERE to register to undertake the Online Level 4 Referee Course
Obtaining Your Referee Accreditation
1) Complete the FA Online Laws of the Game Course and obtain your Statement of Completion Certificate.
2) Register for and attend a Level 4 Referee Course, or register for and undertake the Online Level 4 Referee Course.
3) If undertaking the Online Level 4 Referee Course, attend a practical session on a pitch.
4) Register on Play Football as a referee with NNSWF or one of its member zones.
5) Referee your first game on the field or run your first line as an assistant referee.